Life is a crazy wonderful show that never stops running…having to be here at this time, having this due by this time, oh wait, and I want to go here at this time. When I started college, I thought I had this whole idea of time management under control. Well, I was wrong. When I look back at what I was taking on then versus now, I see how much I have taught myself as far as time management goes. So, without further adieu, here are a few time management tips that I find helpful.
- First things first…make sure you have a planner. Life is simply too confusing to not have one. My planner is where I list things months in advance. Birthdays, events, schedules, etc…are all jotted down in here.
- I start off each week with asking myself, “What is going on this week?” I list down events, work, tests, assignments, blog posts, and anything else that may be happening on a blank sheet of paper, which I then place in the corner on my mirror, that hangs above my desk, to remind myself.
- With the end of each day, I set goals for the next day. I list down what has to be done, and what I’d like to get done. This leads to…
- First things first! After classes, I usually go to work. After work, I usually am running some errands, working on assignments, etc. After that, I like to blog, catch up on emails. What I’m getting at is to take on the most important tasks, the things that must be done that day, first!
- We shouldn’t overwork ourselves. You have to take breaks and reward yourself at times. In between work and studying, I may pop into a favorite store just to rest my brain (I love Hobby Lobby). While doing homework, I may take five minutes to check Instagram. After completing some studying, fix yourself a cup of tea…just don’t overwork yourself!
- If you’re feeling overloaded and like you just can’t manage your time to get it all done, don’t be afraid to ask for help! There’s always someone willing to help you out.