Happy Friday, Friends! Wow, I can’t even remember the last time I did one of these Instagram Roundup + Life Lately posts. For one, the weather has been so unpredictable this week. One minute, the sun is out, and the next it’s pouring down rain. So, it has made shooting for the blog very difficult. And secondly, I always enjoy these posts as I can kind of give y’all the inside scoop to my inspiration behind the Instagram photos I post. So, I hope y’all enjoy 😊
1. I have had a thing for these peplum, drop waist, ruffle tees. They are so so so easy to style! Not only are they easy and comfy, but they end up creating an outfit that appears to have a lot more thought put into it. I am growing quite the collection of these in my closet haha. This one I am wearing here is currently 20% off and comes in four colors!
2. Tassel earrings have definitely been a fun way to accessorize this summer. I love simplistic looks, so there is nothing better than adding a pop of fun to them with a (colorful) tassel earring.
3. This was a little peek inside of my duffel bag and a few of the things I packed for my travels last weekend! This duffel bag gives me the same excitement every time I use it. It has seriously been one of my favorite purchases ever! You can never go wrong with Barrington Gifts…the personalization, print and color options are endless!
4. Here’s a little flashback to the beach. I want to frame this picture! Jaycee and Madeline are my world! It is a rare occasion that we are able to snap a photo of all three of us. Madeline is obsessed with Jaycee, but Jaycee still has quite the little attitude about being a big sister. So, getting them (stay still 😳) together can be a challenge at times. But I love the way this candid photo turned out, and the sunset was just beautiful!
5. Here’s another flashback to right after I got my haircut. I get so many question on how I curl my short hair. I promise to get a tutorial together sometime soon, but I have to share the product I use that works wonders! The Bumble & Bumble Surf Foam Spray is amazing! It gives my hair the perfect texture and helps to hold my curls all day.
6. We somehow manage to still get our walks in. The summer heat has made it absolutely unbearable to walk outside, so I am more than thankful for the track at the gym. Although I don’t feel like I get as good of a walk indoors (I just love the fresh air), I’m just thankful to be able to walk in the air condition. At the end of our walks (and if the track isn’t busy), I always let Madeline get out of her stroller at the end and run a few laps. My Mama found these darling little Nikes for her, and I have never seen Madeline so excited over shoes. She will bring these to me even when we’re at home and want to put them home to run around in.
7. Here’s another look at this top that I’m obsessed with! It is going to be such a great piece to transition into fall with.
8. And yet another flashback to the beach. Some days, the sunset was just too gorgeous to miss. I have quite a few sunset photos on my camera role. This was one of those that I just had to share! When at the beach, I am constantly reminded of what an amazing Creator we serve.
9. Last one from the beach, I promise! But this was probably my favorite swimsuit that I purchased this summer. The criss-cross back detail is so pretty!
10. If I’m able to, I always look forward to picking out some flowers each week. I always like to celebrate after cleaning with adding some fresh flowers to my desk. The Fresh Market always has the prettiest roses! I can never resist hydrangeas, as well.
11. This photo was taken the day I got my hair cut short! I can’t begin to tell y’all how much I have enjoyed my short hair. It has made life just a little bit (okay maybe a lot) easier. I love that I can work a neat or messier look with short hair, and that’s a great way to get by with the craziest of days. Also, I feel like it just goes along with motherhood 😊
12. I love a good colorblock piece. This top is so cute with the little touch of chambray.
13. I am also loving all things lace-up. From shoes to clothing, I think it adds the prettiest touch. This is another dress that I look forward to throwing a cardigan over in the fall and pairing it with booties.
14. Save the best for last, right? But seriously, I’m obsessed with this photo and especially the precious faces in it. Oh how I love these two! I’m also slightly obsessed with Madeline’s teeny tiny Hunter Boots. Are they not the cutest things ever?!
Thanks so much for reading y’all! I could never express my gratitude for the support I receive through my blog. I appreciate each and every one of you. I’m about to start my program for school in about a week. I’m slightly nervous about balancing it all, but I just keep reminding myself of how thankful I am for the way everything has worked out. I plan to share a little bit about my journey with it and how everything has lead up to where I am now on the blog next week.
Also, if y’all have any post ideas that you think would be fun to see on Something Delightful, please let me know by commenting below or shooting me an email 💗