Hello friends and fellow Lilly lovers!! If you’re checking out today’s post, I’m pretty sure you are just as excited as I am about the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale that begins TOMORROW 9/9 at 8AM-ish EST. If you are a fellow Lilly lover and have shopped the sale before, I’m sure you’re aware of why it’s such a big deal.
Y’all know that I love affordable pieces, but Lilly Pulitzer is one of the only clothing brands I’ll splurge on. However, THIS SALE, is your chance to grab up Lilly for crazy affordable prices. We’re talking dresses that are normally $160 on sale for under $60. Little girls’ dresses that are normally $60 on sale for under $30. I know our hearts may be ready for fall clothing, but buy up Lilly now and save it for later! Lilly never goes out of style – it’s a classic and for me, every Lilly dress I own has a special story behind it. I grew up wearing little Lilly dresses, even began this blog off of my love for Lilly and discovered a whole new, special love for it once Madeline came along and all the mommy and me twinning began 🙂 No one does mommy and me quite like Lilly!
So today, I am going to be covering some important things to help you be prepared to shop first thing tomorrow. First up, I will be sharing the dates and times you need to know. Next up, I’ll share a few important tips and tricks for successfully shopping the sale (trust me, there’s a method to this madness!). And I will also be sharing a peek at all the pieces I’ve purchased this season that will be included in the sale. I will be sharing all the sizing details, which are super important to note with all items being final sale. Let’s get started!
Dates & Times:
The After Party Sale will begin Monday 9/9 around 8M EST and will run through Wednesday 9/11.
Tips & Tricks for Shopping the Sale:
Set up an account:
1. If you don’t already have an account set up on Lilly, do it now(you can set one up here)! With the sale being such a, fast-pace process and items selling out quickly you don’t want to be setting up an account as you’re trying to purchase the items on your list. Be sure to do as many things you can ahead of time 🙂 It’s also important to make sure your login info, billing/shipping address, payment method, etc. are all up to date and ready to go, so all you have to do when checking out it click, click and click!
The Virtual Line:
2. Remember, this sale goes by a VIRTUAL LINE! When you enter into the sale, you will be placed in a virtual line. So not be surprised if you are number 52,642 in line haha (I have been at 80,000+ before). The good news is that the line usually moves pretty quickly, and even though it may quote you with an hour plus wait time, don’t freak out because it never tends to be as long as they quote. Also, whatever you do, don’t refresh the page!!! If you do this, you will loose your spot in line.
Open a page ahead of time:
3. Have the page ready to go! I have found in the past that if I go ahead and open a tab to Lilly the night before, I feel like I usually get bumped up a little in the line. Set your alarm to have that page up around 7:50AM EST and just watch the page (again, don’t refresh). When the sale starts, your page will automatically put you in line. So go ahead and open a tab now for the sale 🙂
Know what you’re shopping for:
4. Know what you’re looking for ahead of time! Remember that you will see pretty much everything in the sale: shift dresses, formal dresses, casual dresses, tops, shorts, skirts, accessories, pieces for kids and more! Make a little list of what you’re looking for in the sale ahead of time. Maybe you’re a bride-to-be looking for the perfect white dress. Are you wanting to buy some shift dresses for next spring and summer? Maybe you’re headed on a tropical vacay soon and want a new dress to wear. Lilly also usually has some great cardigans for fall in the APS. SO, go ahead and think of what you’re looking for.
Shop simultaneously, fast and throughout the days:
5. It’s also important to remember that one, you can shop simultaneously! If you are determined to grab one certain item, go ahead and open a tab on a few devices so that you can shop simultaneously to grab the items you’re wanting. It’s also very important to remember to shop fast! Even though I’ve heard that the inventory it pretty stocked and they’re expecting things to not sell out quite as quickly this time around, it’s important to know what you want, know your size and shop quickly. You can also place as many orders as you’d like! Shop throughout the day, the next day and even again on Wednesday if you want haha. Lilly will be adding new surprise items to the sale on Tuesday and Wednesday as well 🙂
Whew did I miss anything? These are the tips I have found to be helpful in the past. And be sure to check out Lilly’s FAQs page for more!
Pieces Included in the Summer 2019 APS (along with sizing details:)
Now, I’m going to go through the items I own and have shared with y’all that will be included in the summer 2019 After Party Sale! How do I know? Well, days leading up to the sale, Lilly tends to remove the inventory that will be included in the sale. I mean how is it that an item was fully stocked days ago and all of the sudden is completely sold out? See what I mean? 🙂 This has been the case time and time again, and it always holds to be true. So that’s why I have a hunch that all of these will be included. Also remember that all sales are final so it is important to know your size. I will also be sharing the sizing details to each of these pieces.
Me: Buttercup Dress in Pink Tropics Bunny Hop (I sized up one size as I felt it runs small…wearing the 2)
Madeline: Little Lilly Shift in Pink Tropics Bunny Hop (Runs TTS…Madeline is wearing the 4)
Me: Pearl Shift Dress (Runs TTS…wearing the 0), Caliente Clip On Earrings (looks like these will be in the sale too!!! They’re clip ons!)
Madeline: Little Pearl Dress in Pink (TTS…Madeline has the 4), Langley Cardigan (TTS…Madeline has the small which is a 4-5)
Me: Donna Tunic Top (Runs TTS…Wearing the XS) // 5 inch Kelly Shorts in Pink Seersucker (Run small…Go up one size!)
Madeline: Little Lilly Classic Shift in Cheek to Cheek (Runs TTS…Madeline has the size 4)
Reeve Shift Dress (the most perfect white dress with butterfly lace details!…runs TTS, wearing the 0)
Me: Maisie Stretch Shift Dress (I sized up one size! Wearing the 2. Also comes in white which will also be on sale)
Madeline: Little Kinley Dress in Koala Me Maybe (Runs TTS…Madeline has the 4)
Diara Peplum Top (Comes in both pink and white, own both! I sized up one size…wearing the 2)
Kelly Shorts in Eyelet (Again come in both white and pink, own both. I sized up one size…wearing the 2)
Melody Maxi Dress (Runs TTS, but did have to have it hemmed, being 5’2. Also has built in bra)
Me: Pearl Soft Shift Dress in Navy Blue Catch N Keep (Runs TTS…wearing the 0)
Madeline: Mini Pearl Shift Dress in Navy Blue Catch N Keep (Runs TTS…Madeline has the 4)
Me: Lula Romper in High Tide Navy Its For Shore (Runs TTS…wearing the XS)
Madeline: Cady Romper in High Tide Navy Its For Shore (Runs both large and TTS…this piece comes in XS, S, M, Etc. Madeline has the size S. When Madeline is a true 4, the small is a tad bit large on her but it will fit perfectly next year. So the good thing about this sizing is that they can usually get two years wear out of these pieces, if that makes sense).
Well, I think that covers just about anything! If y’all have any questions whatsoever, do not hesitate to let me know 🙂 All I can say is, GET EXCITED!! I will be back on here tomorrow to share all of my favorite picks from the sale in every category.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Shop the Post: